AIP Certified Coach Ethics Statement
At AIP Certified Coach we train practitioners on the science and implementation of the Autoimmune Protocol within a holistic understanding of health. In the simplest terms, we believe we are all linked and that seeking health and building community is an interdependent project that must be rooted in social equity.
While autoimmune disease is not limited to a particular age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion, ethnicity, or nationality, we recognize that systemic barriers in our world result in certain groups such as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) facing disproportionate burdens in health and accessing care. These same systems of racism and oppression have structured what has long been a highly homogenous medical/healthcare field, which further disadvantages diverse patient populations.
Here at AIP Certified Coach we believe it is our collective responsibility to engage in the critical thinking and work necessary to advance social and health equity. We are committed to fostering an anti-racist, anti-oppressive and inclusive environment where diversity of all kinds (both in client and practitioner) can shine and healing partnerships are the norm.
To remain accountable to each other, respect our diversity, and work toward the truest form of holistic health and wellbeing within the AIP Certified Coach program, we have developed the following code of conduct.
Code of Conduct
- Be respectful. This is a group diverse in many ways, and you are likely to encounter perspectives, lived realities and experiences that are different from your own. While sharing of new ideas is encouraged, do so with respect, consideration and goodwill. Support the wellbeing of all members of this group. Inflammatory language will not be allowed within this learning environment, nor will stereotypical statements, racist or sexist remarks or jokes, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, classist or other bigoted, inflammatory or offensive language.
- Commit to equity. Systemic barriers to health and wellness exist for many marginalized groups. Health and wellness practitioners of all kinds are expected to recognize these barriers, identify their own implicit biases and commit to dismantling them. This learning environment is no exception. We expect you to hold yourselves to the highest level of ethics.
- Follow the law. Know the professional laws you are bound to and make sure you are abiding by them in your communications and actions here.
- Maintain privacy. Just as you are expected to maintain the privacy of your clients or patients, the ideas and stories shared in this group often include personal experiences that students and teachers do not want shared. Do not share them outside of this group.
If you notice violation of these principles, feel discriminated against, uncomfortable, unsafe or have any other concerns, please disclose this to us as soon as possible by emailing us directly at [email protected] All inquiries will be handled in confidence.
Violation of the AIP Certified Coach Code of Conduct will not be tolerated. Any breach of this code of conduct may result in the following actions with or without warning:
- removal of posts
- removal of student from AIPCC Student Facebook group
- expulsion of students from the Program without refund
- removal of member from AIPCC Alumni Facebook group
- revocation of AIPCC certification and use of the AIPCC mark